Did you know that October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month?
The third theme for this year is “Protect IT,” which leads off with the importance of patching your software. We are talking about your operating systems on PCs, laptops, servers and more. This also means operating systems and applications like Adobe, Word and Java.
Patching your software in a timely manner, provides one of the best protections you can implement as a healthcare company. Sure, there are other significant measures you must do; however, patching is one of the most important functions, and yet the most often overlooked or underserved within an organization.
If you are tired of patching your software in the never-ending monthly cycle, let Patchworx get it done for you. Get patched, stay patched, and be a hero!
Below are the following themes for the 2019 Cybersecurity Awareness Month:
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard to Get with Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe